Life is exciting and mesmerizing and beautiful since Layla’s July 15 arrival. Having a baby and a toddler makes for a very full (of love) home. I wanted to share some items I’m loving during this new chapter in my motherhood journey. Check them out!
I adore this new jewel! I hand carve each letter. Most of the letter necklaces I make feature one letter on a chain. My letter necklace has three letters! B for Bear, A for Asher, and L for Layla. Each letter is set with a special, meaningful, colorful variety of gems. I love this whimsical, super sweet piece! It layers beautifully with my other necklaces and the symbolism is so precious to me.
The unique, vibrant prints and colors are stunning! The boho, girlie prints make evening and bedtime extra pretty! These robes (and the brand’s pants) are sleep essentials!
I try to reuse some of the gear I bought for baby A. This is my favorite! It is again the absolute best with Layla. She’s cozy nursing and also just relaxing on the pillow! Asher loves zipping it up and buckling it around my waist!
I am all about simple, clean, natural products when it comes to skincare. My days are packed and I don’t want to devote time to make up! I only wear make up for holidays, celebrations, or vacations when I want a little extra sparkle! This oil gives skin the most beautiful glow. I wash my face, use this oil, and moisturize at night.
MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES
Honestly, feeling sleepy is a part of new mama hood and with two babes, I’m craving sweets! I try to bake so I know what ingredients are in my treats. The first recipe was a favorite after Ash’s birth and I make it all the time since Layla was born, too! Bonus: coconut is great for breast feeding and milk supply!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut sugar with 3 egg whites
- Add 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips, 1 tbsp vanilla, and plenty of cinnamon!
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized cookies onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake 18 minutes, swapping oven racks halfway through!
- Drizzle with extra melted chocolate once cooled!
Flourless Chocolate Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix together 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Beat in 3 egg whites until well combined, followed by 1 tbsp vanilla
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows
- Scoop about 2 tbsp sized cookies about 2-inches apart from one another onto sheets (they spread)
- Bake for 10 minutes
Edible Cookie Dough Balls
- Melt 1/2 cup nondairy butter or coconut oil
- Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir to combine
- Add 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla coconut milk and 1 tbsp vanilla
- Add 3/4 cup gluten free flour without xanthan gum
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips (I like milk, nondairy dark, and nondairy semisweet)
- Roll dough into balls and place in freeze for about 15-20 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the cookie dough “truffle” balls
Peace and love,